{Vegan MoFo} A nut-free, gluten-free lunchbox for a vegan pre-schooler

veganpre-schooler1

My kids are on school holidays at the moment, which means a reprieve from packing lunchboxes.

However, that does not mean you will have a reprieve from hearing about lunchboxes. πŸ™‚

Recently, I featured the lunchboxes of my school-aged kids.

Today, I show you the lunch of 4-year-old Tiny Vegan, who attends a pre-school with a ‘nut-free’ policy.

On Friday, his packed lunch consisted of the following:

lunchboxr1

A small bowl of pasta salad – gluten-free spirals, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, celery, red capsicum (bell pepper), freshly picked parsley leaves, and a smidgen of soy mayonnaise.

Strawberries; cucumber and carrot sticks; homemade hommus; chickpeas roasted in vegan worcestershire sauce; goji berries; coconut flakes; sunflower seeds and a bottle of water.

Each child also brings a separate container of cut-up fruit to share with the other children at morning tea. At this time of year, we usually pack orange segments, mandarin segments or strawberries.

lunchboxr2

Tiny Vegan’s Verdict

So, what returned home in the afternoon?

A few chickpeas, a few sunflower seeds, a couple of goji berries, a coconut flake or two, a smidgen of hommus, and a segment of the parsley sprig.

I think that’s a ‘thumbs up’. πŸ™‚

Check-out my other post on vegan lunchboxesΒ here.

For more vegan pre-school lunchbox inspiration, visit my friend Sarah’s blogΒ Play.Love.VeganΒ (clickΒ here). She is a mum of two tiny vegans, including a pre-schooler. Her lunchboxes are works of art.

18 Responses to {Vegan MoFo} A nut-free, gluten-free lunchbox for a vegan pre-schooler

It’s so refreshing to see such a beautiful and healthy lunch packed for a little one! With a lunch like this, your little one is ready to learn. πŸ™‚

2. Patricia says:

Wow that looks great! Thanks for sharing.

3. That looks really good – I’m going to make this for myself for my next weekend course πŸ™‚

4. Poppy says:

Oh wow, I wish I had a mum like you πŸ˜€ You put so much love into your children’s lunchboxes and into their little tummies..

You make lovely lunches that are probably the envy of a lot of your children’s friends :).

Thanks narf7. Back in my day, I reckon my friends were really envious of my vegemite sandwich on brown bread and squashed banana. πŸ™‚ I’m envious of the fact that you got cake.

6. playlovevegan says:

Yum I wish my two ate pasta salad! I try various ways but it’s usually wasted…. I love pasta salad so I will keep trying haha. Thanks so much for the mention!

You are very welcome. πŸ™‚
      Keep trying with the pasta salad – you never know. We ended up having success with pasta sauce and a certain ‘discerning’ eater in our house. πŸ™‚ Anything is possible.
      Hot up your way?

I wish my work lunchbox ever looked that impressive!

I’ll get you some stainless steel lunchboxes, silicone cupcake holders and a cute cat head on a stick for your birthday. You’ll just have to prepare the food. πŸ™‚

This is indeed a very tasty lunchbox! Yummmm!

9. Pingback: {Recipe} Vegan Lunchbox Snacks | Made of Stars