My Little Valentine

AJ1

My precious Little Baker celebrated his 1st birthday today, Valentine’s Day. There were presents, laughs, cuddles, and….there was CAKE!

mochacake3

This cake is superb. Honestly! It will knock your socks off.

Thank you to Angela of Uberdish for introducing me to Mocha Almond Fudge cake. This cake is a Chef Chloe creation, and the original recipe is available here.

Uberdish’s gluten-free version is featured here.

As soon as I saw Angela’s post, I knew this would be the perfect cake to bake for Little Baker’s birthday celebration.

Recently, Susykat baked Mocha Almond Fudge cake for a friend’s birthday party. There were contented smiles all around. Many people were surprised that a vegan cake could taste so scrumptious. Of course, we vegans aren’t surprised!

Little Baker was very keen to live up to his name today:

mochacake1

Just in case you aren’t convinced that you should be making plans to bake this cake ASAP, I will leave you with some additional pics:

mochacake2

Go on! You won’t regret it.

19 Responses to My Little Valentine

Oh my Ally – you should have this cake in a bakeshop window!! How beautiful and delicious looking! Happy birthday to your little sweetie! (Gosh, I’m starting to miss the fact that my kids are not little anymore). Happy to hear that you all enjoyed this cake and a big THANK YOU for mentioning uberdish!

Thanks Angela! You are the one who introduced this masterpiece of a cake to me.
      As you know, I did the chocolate sauce. I figured, your baby only turns 1 once, haha! My parents loved it too. I think it will be our new special occasion cake.
      I want to make the gluten-free version next time. I had trouble tracking down brown rice flour. I also decided to stick with what I knew on this occasion. I am a novice at gluten-free baking.
      So, that was a big wheat overload for me. First wheat in weeks!

2. Happy first birthday, Baker – looks like you licked that beater clean! And beautiful work on the cake, Ally – I’m definitely going to check out the recipe 🙂

3. Aww…Happy 1st Birthday to a cute little Valentine 😉 Wow, what an awesome and delicious looking cake! Heading over to uberdish to check out the gluten-free version. Even the thought of mocha almond fudge is making me think how yummy it must be 🙂

I will reiterate what Ally has said – this cake is SUPERB! I also first heard about it via Uberdish’s blog. It is SO SO SO delicious. AND the best part is that it is very easy to make. I already had all of the ingredients in my pantry. It is moist and flavoursome – basically a perfect cake. I honestly think it’s the nicest cake I’ve ever eaten (and feel proud that I made it!).
    Happy birthday again to precious Little Baker! 🙂

Thanks Su! I thought the cake had a beautiful texture.
      The last of it was finished off this afternoon. As you know we have a 9yr old celebration soon – I wonder what cake she will choose?

wow that looks stunning, i bet it tasted amazing. happy valentines day!

6. Xiomara says:

Happy birthday, little baker! The cake loooks sooo good and your son looks happy.

You’ve been so.compelling that I.might take my 4 day weekend to bake the cake 🙂

Oh I don’t think you’d regret making the cake. It is huge though. You might want to share it- or not!
      Little Baker had a great day. He didn’t get any of his cake though. I just couldn’t bring myself to feed him cake at 12 months of age. He wasn’t worried. He sat in his high chair, watching us eat it. He was really tired by that stage.
      Enjoy your long weekend!

• Xiomara says:

did you not give him cake because of the sugar? I really do want to make a cake! 😀

Yes, because of the sugar and the caffeine. There will be plenty of time for him to indulge in cakes in the years to come. Did you end up making a cake that weekend?

7. andra muhoberac says:

This is gorgeous! My sister Tondea Willis Chang was also born on Valentine’s Day!

________________________________

It’s a great day to be born! Either way, you are guaranteed to be remembered and receive yummy treats. I hope your sister had a lovely birthday. 🙂

8. Pingback: {Recipe} Mushroom and Parsley Tarts | Made of Stars