Beautiful Sunshine is Very Inspiring…..
November 21, 2012 8 Comments
My blog is a month old today. Thank YOU for reading, following and commenting. In this time, I have been blessed to connect with many inspirational, passionate, engaging and compassionate people.
Recently, I was fortunate to receive some award nominations from fellow bloggers. It is truly wonderful to know that people value the content of Made of Stars.
Thank you to Laura at the Cook to Love Project for gifting me with a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. 🙂
Part of the acceptance process involves answering some questions and nominating fellow bloggers.
The Very Inspiring Blog Award and the Beautiful Blogger Award require me to list seven interesting facts about myself. For my responses to the (ten) Sunshine Award questions, see this post.
7 (hopefully!) interesting facts about Ally:
* I was involved in a car accident 12 years ago. I had major abdominal surgery to repair internal injuries that were caused by the seat belt. I was hospitalised for 3 weeks, and was not allowed to consume any food or drink for 2 weeks. Ah, that was tough! I still have residual fear of a car accident when I am a passenger in a vehicle.
* My three sons were born at home. Each time, we had a midwife in attendance. My youngest son, 9 months, was born into water, and his big sister cut his umbilical cord. My other sons were born on dry land!
* I am a proponent of extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, and elimination communication (‘nappy free’).
* Recently, I have become interested in minimalism. It complements my anti-consumerist tendencies. I have de-cluttered and donated to my hearts content.
* I was born in Sydney, but moved to a country area in my early 20’s with my (now) husband. We enjoy the slower pace of life, the many farmers’ markets, the greenery, the rain forests, the sense of community. We live within 30 mins drive of the coast, so we can still get an ‘ocean fix’.
* As a young child and teenager, I was a super-fit squad swimmer who made it to state level competition. Despite the fact that I do not exercise, I can still dive into a pool and swim 1 km or more fairly easily. But, I probably couldn’t run 500 metres without collapsing. I must do something about that. During a zombie apocalypse, I’d be picked off easily – unless I encountered one in a river. I would have a fighting chance then. Can zombies swim?
* In my late teens and early 20’s, I was vocal about the fact that I did not want to have children. Why would anyone want to bring children into this world, with all of its injustices, horrors and misery? I am so, so HAPPY that I changed my mind. I still lament the horrors of this world, but I also know that it is full of love, joy and wonder. 🙂
Now for the moment you have all been waiting for, the nominees:
For the Sunshine Award I nominate:
Tempeh Tantrum– a fellow smoothie fanatic. I love her food photos, and style of writing. Great blog name too!
For the Beautiful Blogger Award I nominate:
Earthgiven Kitchen – Sarina was one of the first bloggers I discovered when I started blogging. I enjoy her writing style and friendly approach. I look forward to making her Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips.
Live. Learn. Love. Eat – I really enjoy reading this blog. Like me, Tiffany is a mama to young children. Delicious recipes, inspiring quotes and great photos are my favourite parts of this blog. As an Aussie who hasn’t seen snow for 2 decades, I relish Tiffany’s photos of snow and rugged-up kids.
For the Very Inspiring Blogger Award I nominate:
Live Blissful – one of the first bloggers I met when I created Made of Stars. I enjoy reading about her experiences of ‘veganizing’ meals – she has a flair for it, and is not afraid to experiment. Her blog has grown substantially in the last month. Clearly, she is inspirational!
Lidia at Vegan Bloggers Unite! – In my book, few people are as inspiring as a blogger that promotes other vegan bloggers. Keep up the great work Lidia! 🙂