November 9, 2012 17 Comments
I extend a warm thank you to the generous liveblissful for nominating Made of Stars for a Sunshine Award. I am thrilled to be nominated!
Made of Stars is a fledgling blog, about to enter her fourth week of life. It warms my heart to know that someone finds it inspirational. Thanks liveblissful. 🙂
Thank you, also, for sharing your fabulous recipes. In particular, the delicious Linguine con Salsa di Spinaci.
Now on to the formalities!
If you are nominated, include a link in your blog to the person (blog) that nominated you. Answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers (and link their blogs in your post). Don’t forget to inform people that you have nominated them.
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Jeremy Bentham. He has been touted as an early advocate of animal rights, and he was a champion of women’s rights.
2. What is your favorite number? 9
3. What is your favorite animal? Whenever my kids ask me this question, I find it difficult to nominate just one animal. Earth is home to so many diverse, majestic beings – butterflies, sloths, pandas, echidnas. But, I will provide the answer that I give my children: Elephants.
5. What is your favorite time of day? Early morning. I actually enjoy early mornings. The birds are singing and the whole day is full of promise!
6. What was your favourite holiday? I enjoy holidays with my husband and kids. The destination is less important than the time we spend together, relaxing and laughing without the pressures of day-to-day routines. Many years ago, my sister, mum and I had a very enjoyable holiday in Singapore and Malaysia. We ate amazing (vegan) food.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Swimming. Lap swimming. I don’t do a lot of it these days though.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Green smoothies and soy lattes – opposite ends of the health spectrum!
9. What is your favorite flower? I have always loved sunflowers.
10. What is your passion? Reading. I am a voracious reader – both fiction and non-fiction. Two of my favourite fiction books are: The Book Thief and A Thousand Splendid Suns. I am also passionate about non-fiction writing.
Honey For The Bees – ‘My adventures in life and veganism’. Yummy recipes. A friendly and engaging writing style. I thoroughly enjoy reading HFTB.
So You Want To Be A Vegan – Suzanne shares her inspirational journey; awesome photos; delicious recipes. I want to go for a cycle when I read this blog!
Vegan La Raza – Xiomara has just celebrated her first veganniversary. Check out her post: ‘The Continual Commodification of Sentient Beings and the Omission of the Working Poor in the Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy’. It’s a must read.
The Lily’s Water – A focus on animal rights with a global perspective; human rights; companion animal care. Susannah’s articles about the cruelty of the horse racing industry, Thailand’s native wildlife, and refugees, are essential reading.
Uberdish – ‘The ultimate food for thought’. I was happy to ‘meet’ Angela recently. She started Uberdish around the time that I started Made of Stars. I look forward to reading more about her family’s journey, and her gluten-free recipes.
Vedged Out– I can’t imagine that this is Vedged Out’s first (or last) nomination for a Sunshine Award. What’s not to like? Amazing recipes, and an inspirational journey. Somer is engaging and encouraging. Somer’s post on running is worth reading if you are interested in taking up the sport, or wanting to get back in to it. I was ready to start running as soon as I’d finished reading it!